Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Book Clubs, Webrings & Discussions and other Book topics.
To start a book club for kids:
1) Invite your child´s friends, or, if you want to reach out and include different members, post a notice at your library, church, or community center.
2) Keep the discussion manageable and allow each child to participate by limiting your membership to ten or so.
3) Set a regular time and place, so logistics and organizing doesn´t become a drain on your time.
4) Share the responsibility by letting other parents and children host the club.
5) Choose fun books. Bring several choices for the next book to each meeting, and allow a vote.